2024/01/29

Spiritual Communion


SPIRITUAL COMMUNION is an ardent desire to receive Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament and lovingly embrace Him at a time or in circumstances when one cannot receive Him in Sacramental Communion. The impeding circumstances might be a variety of things: the person could already be “maxed out” because they have already received Holy Communion twice that day; or the person could be in prison and unable to attend Mass; or the person is very ill or might be elderly and at home watching Mass on the television or listening to it on the radio.

A Spiritual Communion is when you have that moment you recognize you are hungry for Jesus Christ, and you can’t physically get to church and receive the Real Presence in the Body and the Blood.



An Act of Spiritual Communion

My Jesus,
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS IDOLATRY?

✝️ Statues of Mary and the Saints?  Is it idolatry?  “You Shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anythin...

Most Viewed